Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Just let it be.

I hate when people say "Just let it be". I can never let anything be. I can never just be. You always have expectations and you can never just be who you are. Don't tell me you've never changed yourself to fit in. Don't tell me you've never pretended to be something your not.

I've done it. I've pretended and faked and did everything I said I was never going to do. But sometimes, thing's just happen.

...I feel like I'm in an AA meeting. Confession time, teenies.

I know this post might seem depressing or upsetting but don't tell me you never think about it, even at such a young age.

College.

We all want to get into Ivy League (Harvard or Princeton for me).
We're so young but we do so much to make that dream happen. I've been a Princeton girl since the day I watched Cinderella Story (which stars our beloved Hilary Duff and Chad Michael Murray). I've been a Harvard girl since I thought about the possibility of becoming a lawyer.

I can't say why I chose those schools as I have no clue myself but I will make Ivy League a possibility for me. I'll take honors and AP and do an insane amount of charity work to make it happen. I'd sacrifice a social life (I don't even have one. I have my family which is good enough for me. You can only rely on yourself and your family. I promise you that.) to get into Harvard or Princeton.

I live & breath those schools.

I'm the kind of girl who will not give up. I always pick myself back up and try again. Some things do get me down, but I just remember that this is life and life is learning. Life has it's up's and down's and you've just got to accept it and move on or you'll get nowhere.

My biggest fear is going nowhere.

Now, I'm going to be cheesy and quote the Hannah Montana movie.

"Life's a climb; but the view's great."

I know it's a movie and movie's aren't real life. They're scripted but that doesn't mean it can't be inspiring or that it can't pick you up on a bad day.

Just be yourself. Never accept the word "no". Never say you can't. Never say you won't because you NEVER know.

-Jenna

P.S. - Thank you Libbs & Sarah for following my blog. Like I stated, I'm just a teenager with alot going on in my head and is constantly thinking about the future. I love you both dearly and I love how mature you are because I can still talk to people my age who are on my level. Seriously. I love you.

2 comments:

  1. great post :) thanks for acknowledging me.. i completely understand the part aout constantly looking to the future. i find myself obsessing over what to wear tomorrow when i haven't figured out what to wear today. what college to go to when i haven't finished my homework. it's all part of life, i suppose.

    ReplyDelete