Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I am...

I am Jennalou; queen of every category I fall under. Nerdy, smart, boring, and so much more.
But the sentence "I am..." is never finished. It's never ending; like Pi. "I am" is interminable.

You can never sum yourself up. You can never know who you are because you are bound to change.

You are everything.

I am really Adriana. That's what people know me by. Adriana is dramatic, selfish, uncharming, and fake. That's who I was.

& then I changed.

I became Jenna, which in turn became Jennalou.

I left school and came to terms with myself. With who I wanted to be.

I wanted to be the girl who changes the world and if not the world, atleast change someone's life even if just for a moment.

Jennalou is caring, unselfish, demanding, kind, generous, sweet and smart but most of all -- real.

She was a guppy in the ocean surrounded by sharks so she tried to blend in, thus turning into a shark.

Then she left and slowly started transforming into a beautiful guppy. It was awkward at first. She had the face of a guppy but a shark tail. She had guppy fins but the body of a shark. The transformation didn't happen overnight.

And now she's here; certain that she'll be okay. She'll make it out alive because the sharks are in the water. They'll always be unless they come to turns with themselves and if they don't, they'll choke. They'll die in the water. It'll be pollouted and they'll never have a breath of fresh air. They'll never see differently.

Be yourself.

1 comment: