Thursday, July 2, 2009

Joseph Adam Jonas; polaroid extradoniare.


The Polaroids.

Documenting our time on the road began to take a whole new meaning when we bought a Polaroid camera that was for sale in our hotel before doing a show in Minneapolis. We started taking pictures right away and have basically never stopped since. I really became the keeper of the camera. Taking candid photos is something I love doing. I began archiving days, weeks, and months on the road. Sometimes I took photos every single day, sometimes just occasionally. There's something about the rawness and imperfection of a Polaroid photo that feels so intimate and in the moment. The imagery is classic. Even though we have the best photographer in the business traveling with us to capture images, he's not with us 24/7. And, even is he is there, the quality of a perfectly shot digital photo and the quality of a Polaroid can't begin to compare. In this digital, "Photoshop" world where everything is so perfect, revealing imperfections can be quite beautiful. I am cerain these photos will become some of my favorite keepsakes years down the road. Looking back on them will remind me of how awesome these days were and how lucky we were to have them.

-Joseph Adam Jonas.

-----

I got around to analyzing the 'Burning Up!: On tour with the Jonas Brothers' book. It's very great and very put together, might I add. I'm not going to go teenie, I promise. Anyway, it came in the mail today and I ripped it open and I read it cover-to-cover. The photographs were outstanding and the words were inspiring and honest. It was a beautiful, beautiful story. This article caught my eye though. I love photography. Not necessarily Polaroids but photographs in general. It's a beautiful thing and allows you to share good (or bad) moments in your life. It provides a visual and gives you a chance to share with other people. It's a good hobby.

I'm posting this because it's my favorite part of the book. Joseph's words are inspiring, beautiful, and tear-worthy (not that I cried.. promise). I'm glad that him (as well as his brothers) kept such a good head on their shoulders, while still living the dream. I don't know them personally and I'm not going to pretend I do, but they are truly great guys.

August 21, 2007, baby. That's kind-of ironic because 21 is my second lucky number (seven being my FIRST lucky number).

New blog coming shorly after my vacation from a disclosed place (AKA Epcot). Maybe. I might go to the beach and jet-ski. Not entirely sure yet. Okay, okay. I'm going to go finish cutting the grass for my dad (funny story about that coming later.. or embarassing.. either way) and getting my brother some ice-cream.

Lots of love,
Jenna

1 comment:

  1. fabulous ;D
    haha loved the post.
    and because i'm too lazy to post on your last blog, i am so up for the homeless shelter thing. i will even go to florida for it ;D let me know!
    -libbyyyyyyyyyyyy.
    ch'yea.

    ReplyDelete